I. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Center for Higher Educational Quality Assurance, VNU University of Economics and Business was established under Decision No.2175/QD-TCNS on 9th December 2009 by the UEB Rector. The Center is founded with the mission to strengthen effectiveness of training and academic activities of the VNU-UEB, aiming at becoming prestigious consulting center on quality assurance, a link for international and domestic organizations of quality assurance and training institutes in Vietnam.
II. DIRECTOR OF THE CENTER
III. FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Center for Higher Educational Quality Assurance is a dependent unit of VNU University of Economics and Business without legal status.
- The Center is responsible for managing and executing evaluation, accreditation, quality assurance and testing within the University; undertaking research and training activities relating to self-evaluation, accreditation, quality assurance, and education effectiveness.
2.1. Quality assurance:
- Implementing the quality assurance of education and training programs of the University according to the standard of Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam National University and of other international organizations;
- Managing/monitoring/organizing assessment activities at the UEB;
- Studying and implementing application of domestic and international quality assurance models; provide counsel to the Rector in releasing guidance and regulations on quality assurance and educational quality inspection;
- Proposing plans of improvement after internal assessments; guiding, monitoring and checking the implementation of quality assurance at the University;
- Organizing professional training courses on quality assessment, quality assurance and testing for staffs of the University as well as social and educational organizations;
- Collaborating with the Office of Research and Partnership Development to develop and expand the partnership network with other international quality assurance organizations.
- Developing materials for the Question Bank; providing counsel, managing and assessing the question systems for undergraduate and graduate training programs;
- Supervising the system and implementing testing activities at the University;
- Providing counsel to the Rector in releasing guidance and regulations on examination preparation, assessment of learners’ academic performance;
- Archiving and protecting the data base of quality assurance and testing of the University;
- Collecting information data from other UEB’s units for educational public content as regulated;
- Performing other tasks as assigned by the Rector.
IV. DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
- Improving education quality and effectiveness of the UEB through designing plans, implementing and assessing the effectiveness of quality assurance affairs at the UEB.
- Becoming a prestigious research and consulting institute on quality assurance.
- Becoming the link of international quality assurance between organizations and institutions in Vietnam.
- Through educational quality assurance activities, the Center is expected to contribute to the realization of VNU-UEB becoming a high quality research university of international standard;
- Promoting prestige and quality culture of the UEB;
- Integrating with the trend of ensuring and improving the national and international education quality;
- Contributing to the development of tertiary education in Vietnam.
Centre for Higher Educational Quality Assurance
VNU University of Economics and Business
Suite102, E4 Building, 144, Xuan Thuy Road, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (84.4) 37547506 ext 102, 103 Fax: (84.4) 37546765
Email: email@example.com; Website: www.ueb.edu.vn